Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thanksgiving Food

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is around the corner! To get in the spirit, I am joining the Show Us Your Life over at one of my favorite blogs, Kelly's Korner.


Last year, we had our first Thanksgiving at our new house. We had my in-laws over, and it just was wonderful to enjoy our first holiday in our first home. Now, I have to say that I did not make the turkey... Ish's mom did and it was so good! I don't think I'm quite ready to tackle cooking a turkey, but maybe next year. Here is one of my favorite family recipes for Thanksgiving. I have seen it made several different ways, but this is the way we make it and it's my favorite:

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 T. butter melted
2 T brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1/3 cup milk
orange juice to taste
cinnamon
ginger
Topping: Marshmallows

Mix all ingredients (except marshmallows) in a casserole dish. Completely cover the top with a  layer of marshmallows. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes. 

So easy, and so yummy!!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! :) How fun you got to have Thanksgiving in your new house last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blogging world! your recipe sounds great, thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete